Vehicle/Travel Trailer Insurance

Know Your Options, Make Sure You're Covered

Covering a wide range of vehicles: Collector Cars, Personal Auto, Motorhome, RV, and Travel Trailer. While there are many optional auto insurance coverages; liability, comprehensive, and collision are three of the most common. These coverages work hand-in-hand to repair or replace most of the damages to your car. It’s important to know the difference, and make sure you’re adequately covered.

Liability Coverages

Bodily Injury Liability Insurance
Pays for physical harm in the event of an accident. This does not cover medical expenses for the driver, but it does cover medical expenses for passengers and the other driver who was hit. Typical coverage limits are $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident.

Property Damage Liability Insurance
Covers the cost of damages to someone else’s property after an accident you cause. Most commonly, your property damage will pay out when you are at fault for an accident that causes damage to someone else’s car. The typical limit is $100,000 per accident.

Personal Injury Coverage
Covers medical expenses and, in many cases, lost wages. It is often called “no-fault” coverage because its inherent comprehensiveness pays out claims agnostic of who is at fault in the accident. Typically this is $20,000 coverage.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Protects you if you’re in an accident with an at-fault driver who doesn’t carry liability insurance. Underinsured motorist coverage, on the other hand, steps in when you’re in an accident with an at-fault driver whose liability limits are too low to cover the damage or medical expenses. The typical coverage is $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident.

Comprehensive Coverage

Comprehensive car insurance covers damages from events that are not caused by a car driving into something else. Some common examples are Natural disasters: storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, hailstorms; Fire, civil commotions, explosions; Vandalism and theft; Damage from impacts with animals, such as a deer (Note: a crash from swerving to avoid animals will likely fall under collision); Broken or shattered windows and windshield; Falling objects (such as a tree branch).

Collision Coverage

Whether your vehicle is involved in a crash with another vehicle or rammed into a fixed structure, you can rely on collision insurance to offer you coverage. A few examples of crashes that would be covered by collision insurance: Crash into another vehicle, or another vehicle crashes into your parked vehicle; driving into a stationary object, such as a tree, streetlight, or pole; crashing into a ditch or a pothole; rollovers; hit-and-runs, if you can’t use uninsured motorist coverage.

Classic Vehicle Coverage

Eagle Insurance offers unique coverage for classic cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, tractors and more through the world’s leading insurance provider for these classic vehicles. The provider will agree up front on a fair value for your classic, and in the event of a covered total loss, you’ll receive that full amount, less any deductible or salvage value, if retained. Guaranteed.

Optional Coverages

Full Glass Coverage with Zero Deductible

Full glass coverage pays the amount of a covered glass loss with no deductible such as a chip or crack in your windshield. Full auto glass insurance coverage is optional on your auto insurance policy and can be purchased for an additional premium. Insurance Coverage availability varies by company.

Roadside Assistance

Coverage is provided for mechanical breakdowns and covered comprehensive and collision losses. The coverage provides daily maximums for lodging, for alternative transportation, and for food while the covered vehicle is being repaired, up to a maximum amount per occurrence. Each company has their own limits and qualifications.

Rental Reimbursement

This optional coverage provides coverage for rental car costs to temporarily replace an insured auto due to a covered loss. Rental Reimbursement may be purchased or is included within the policy for any vehicle covered by Collision coverage, depending on the company.

Custom Parts or Equipment (CPE)

This optional coverage provides physical damage coverage to equipment, devices, accessories, enhancements, and changes, other than those which are original manufacturer installed, which are permanently installed or attached, and alter the appearance or performance of the vehicle. Some companies include a basic amount under comprehensive and collision coverage.

Loan/Lease Payoff Coverage

This optional coverage is available to customers where there is a lienholder listed for the vehicle. The lienholder must be a financial institution, not an individual. The coverage may only be purchased if there is also Comprehensive and Collision Coverage on the vehicle. It pays the difference between the actual cash value of the vehicle at the time of a total loss (minus the comprehensive or collision deductible and the salvage value if you or the owner keep the vehicle) and any greater amount you owe under a loan or lease agreement (minus unpaid finance charges, excess mileage charges, and any other charges or expenses associated with the loan or lease).

Emergency Expense Coverage

This is an optional RV coverage which pays up to specified limits for reasonable temporary living facilities, transportation and the cost of returning the RV if it becomes inoperable due to a covered loss. Specific limitations and qualifications apply for each company.

Vacation Liability Coverage

This is an optional RC coverage which pays up to specified limits for bodily injury and property damage for which the insured is legally liable as a result of an accident that occurs while the RV is used as a temporary vacation residence. Specific limitations and qualifications apply for each company.

Vacation Liability Coverage

This is an optional RV coverage which pays up to specified replacement cost limits for loss of, for damage to, the insured’s RV contents that are normally used in conjunction with the RV. Specific limitations and qualifications apply for each company.
Scroll to Top